Friday, July 1, 2011

Twilight Canvas

Ok, according to the tracking number, my canvas that I sent Vicki was delivered earlier today! I really hope you like it! Now, I can post a picture of the entire canvas!!! This started out as literally a blank canvas (haha..). I used acrylic paint in red, black, and white. I tried to just swirl it around with a piece of plastic, but it was blending all together and turning almost a brownish/black color. So, I just sponged some more red over the entire canvas. I like how the painted canvas turned out and almost didn't want to add anything to it! Then, I added some glitter paint over the whole canvas to make it glittery because it looked just slightly dull. Next I added some craft mesh. I modge podged it to the canvas (got very messy!) and then hot glued the corners on the back to secure it. I added some ribbon, then the quote and picture. Around the quote and picture (which I mounted on cardstock since they were printed off) I put a "stickle frame". Once all that was dry, I sprayed 3 coats of acrylic sealer.  This also gave it a sort of glossy finish. Then I just added some flowers and a few Tim Holtz embellishments.  I think it turned out pretty good, and I can't wait to get mine from her in a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment