Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First youtube video!!

Well, I finally got a video uploaded on youtube!! It's NOT good quality, and I have a lot of learning to do still!! I recorded with my phone, and obviously recorded it with the camera the wrong way... when I got it on my computer, I couldn't figure out how to flip it without losing the sound. Oh well... live and learn!! Here is the link if you are interested... and thanks for watching!


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Winter ATC and card

Here is my ATC for the month of November. The theme was Winter, and the challenge was to make it sparkly without using stickles. I used the cuttlebug folder Musical Flourish for the background, distress inked the edges, and then glimmermisted it using Dazzling Diamonds. The glimmermist really didn't give it a whole lot of sparkle, so I decided to make the reindeer cut glittery. I used silver glitter paint all over the deer for the sparkly effect. I then added some bling and used mini pop dots on the reindeer.

I went ahead and used the ATC I made for me on a card that I will be sending in a swap. I used the same cuttlebug folder on the background. I then added some ribbon along two corners that I got at HL. I placed the ATC on the card using pop up glue dots.

Thanks for looking!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Altered Wedding Canvas

A very good friend of mine got married this last weekend, and I wanted to make something handmade for her. I thought a canvas would be good. She likes to draw and paint, so I figured it would make a good gift. I started with a 11x14 canvas, so that an 8x10 picture would be able to fit on it easily. I tried to match the color of the bridesmaid dresses and some of the flowers used, so I ended up mixing two colors together a little bit to get the sangria/wine color. Her dress was champagne colored, so I used those two colors for most of the project. I started by painting the canvas a creme color. The paint was actually called Country Twill. I then mixed the two wine colors together. One was too dark and the other was too light/reddish. I sponge painted this color on so that a little bit of the creme color would still show. Once that was dry, I painted  some silver glitter paint all over to make it sparkle. I then added some ribbon from Hobby Lobby on both the top and bottom. I believe I used Fabritac to adhere it down. I made a photo mat that measured 8 1/2 x 10 1/2, and wanted to create a pocket for it. I couldn't find any acetate, so I just used a page protector that I cut down. I fabritacked the edges of the page protector and kept the top unattached to make a pocket. I then used some TH ornate plates and some of his word tickets (thats likely not the proper name but thats what I call them) and used Fabritac to adhere them. I added some recollections roses all around the canvas to frame it out. I had a lot of fun making this, and I hope that they will enjoy it. Thanks so much for looking!

Thursday, October 13, 2011


So I confess that I have a hard time making cards... but I forced myself to make a few for a swap. It was a fall/thanksgiving/christmas swap, so I made 2 fall and 2 christmas. I used scraps I had left over from other projects for the fall cards. Once again I used the Autumn Gatherings stack from DCWV. I also used some baker's twine on one of the cards and ribbon on the other from Hobby Lobby. I had some left over leaves that I made for the tags I just posted, so I used a few of those. I also had a cricut cut that wasn't big enough for another project, so I used it on a card (the word Autumn).

For the christmas cards, I used Cloud 9 paper. The gingerbread man was cut from Stretch your Imagination. I then used stickles on him to perk him up a little. The red ribbon was just in my stash.
The ornament card - I used SU stamps for the first time. I bought an ornament punch and a stamp set that included an ornament design. I embossed the design on one of the ornaments with gold powder, and then used another ornament to stamp the sentiment. Then I outlined the ornaments with stickles, and used pop dots for the ornaments to add a little dimension. Thanks for looking!

Fall wall hanging

Here is another craft I made for a swap. It started out as a plain wooden hanging plaque that I got at the Dollar Tree a long time ago. I painted it orange, cut out some DCWV fall paper, and mod podged it on the plaque. I cut the word Autumn from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I used a paper punch for all the leaves around the outside. I punched out leaves from different scraps I had left over from the Autumn Gathering stack from DCWV. I painted stickles on all of the leaves and the word Autumn. I found that this ended up making the leaves a little more durable once the stickles dried, since they were just paper, plus made them sparkle, which is always nice! I used mod podge to stick everything on and then sprinkled some gold glitter over the whole thing while it was still damp. Thanks for looking!

Fall Tags

Here are a few tags I have made for fall swaps, using the new TH seasonal inks. I used the TH tattered leaves die and cut out the leaves from the new fall stack from DCWV.(Harvest Gatherings or Autumn Gatherings or something like that!) I inked the leaves as well and made them crinkly by spritzing them and crunching them. I also, for the first time on a project, HEAT EMBOSSED! I embossed the pumpkin on the bottom of the tag with gold embossing powder from SU. To finish it off I just added a simple bow from orange ribbon. Thanks for looking!