Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Dressed to the Nines" Dress Form Blog Hop

Welcome! This post is part of a blog jump. You should have arrived here from planlady19. If not, you can start at the beginning of the jump here! There were quite a big group of ladies that signed up for Jana's dress form swap on the CMB. We decided to make a blog hop out of some of our creations. There were multiple categories, and since it's my favorite holiday, I had to sign up for a few Halloween groups! The tag I'm going to share with you is one of the tags for that category.

First, I cut the dress form out of chipboard with the TH sewing room die using my cuttlebug. I painted it green since I made it into a witch. For the dress, I used purple satin. I cut out a really basic shape around my dress form, including a "neck line" that was pretty much a square. Then I used the same flame technique used for making satin lollipop flowers, so that the edges of the satin wouldn't fray all over the place. I used fabritac to glue the satin on the dress form, and then used some thin black ribbon for a Belt.
For the tag, I used a manilla craft tag and covered it with paper from K&Company. I used Black Soot distress ink around the edges, then used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole and add an eyelet. I found these little brooms at Hobby Lobby in the doll furniture section (I think) and thought they would be perfect! Before gluing on the broom, I stamped on some Halloween inchie stamps that I ordered online. I used Archival Ink for that, and then attached the broom using fabritac again, since it's got a good hold.  For the back, we were supposed to make a pocket and then include a card or tag with our info on it. I sometimes have trouble shoving things into pockets, so I decided to make mine using foam mounting tape. That way, if someone wanted to, they could easily put something thicker in there, like a gift card.

Well, what's a blog hop without some blog candy??  I will be giving away a package of Tim Holtz embellishments (in the above picture). In order to win, become a follower of my blog (if you aren't already) and leave me a comment on this post. I will pick a winner with random.org on Monday! Please make sure you leave me a way to get a hold of you if you win!! Let me know your username on the CMB or an email address.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your next stop will be Just Jean's.

33 comments:

  1. Great witch tag!!

    LaKesha
    www.scrapingdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I can hardly wait to see these in person. So awesome.
    I thought I was already a follower, but I don't see your friend connect button. Already chasing you around on FB..haha!

    Thanks so much for participating in the swap and the Blog Hop!

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh I love that purple dress, its so awesome, and the broom is the perfect embellishment. TFS
    I am Cropingqueen on CMB and my email is cinpot@msn.com, I will try to become a follower but I am not very good at figuring out how to do that, only the really easy ones I ca follow, lol I'm a craft junkie not a computer whiz, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm how do I become a follower? It just says followers, there aren't any pics of peeps that follow you? And now follow me button, can I maybe like you on FB? That's what I will do, when you get a chance please email me how to follow you, if that's ok, ty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute tag. I like how you painted the dress form green (like witch's skin) and that little broom just pops off the page...great embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors on this tag! I don't know why but I love purple and green together for Halloween stuff. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that purple satin dress! Really shapes nicely to the dressform! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag! I love the dimension you gave the dress with the fabric. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not into Halloween but your tag is super cute!!! Nice job Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tag. I am really loving this TH die. I don't have any of his, but you sure are enabling me.

    pennyspad at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love the idea of adding the material. Beautiful and love all the detail. Following your blog now and look forward to seeing more of your creations!

    Sandy
    http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute dress forms !! I was going to sign in as a Follower but I do not see a place to join...how is it done ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking some tags like these would be great for heritage pages. signed up to follow this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy - GREAT JOB! I know how much you love Halloween, and your tags show it - Thanks for sharing! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative! Love the colors and detail!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. very creative tags. thanks for sharing.
    angiecollinsville@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. wooohoooooooo!!! Look at that witches dress!! Love it!

    Mary jean
    mistie1@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. amy very cute.. just like the designer..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool, love the dress, does it come in my size lol!! I am a new follower!!
    Kristan
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it!!

    Scrappydew
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Tag!
    clock87 @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the tag especially the broom.
    HeatherMayfield1

    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your tag!
    dragonfly50 (CMB)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amy love the whole tag. I love all the extra details too with the broom and the belt. Great work - kel

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such WONDERFUL tags!! They look like they are really fun to make!! TFS
    I'm a follower!

    saetterman at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute tag... and thanks for the great hop! I am a follower and would love to win the great TH prize!
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome tag!! The dress is gorgeous...purple is my favorite color! I'm a new follower!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute tag! I am a follower and thanks for the opportunity to win an awesome TH prize. Who doesn't need more TH...lol!

    Katherine
    www.classydify.blogspot.com
    lightmypath@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great job everyone is doing on these tags, I love the dress form die, its one of my favorites, Hugz, Kim (Kimscrapper on YT)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Getting the right dress usually starts with shopping intelligently. To shop intelligently doesn't mean simply shopping for price. It has to do with being able to tell quality from not, whether in the workmanship of your formal dresses, or in the richness of their fabric.

    ReplyDelete