Monday, August 1, 2011

Matchbox Swap

I am currently hosting (for the first time!!) a matchbox swap on the CMB. My partner has already received her box so I thought I would post pics here! I found some blue and brown vintage looking paper at Hobby Lobby, its the Ella Blue line from gcd studios. I first painted the matchbox with a few layers of gesso, then with shimmery turqouise paint. Then I cut the pieces of paper and inked them with distress ink - faded jeans around the edges and antique linen in the middle to give it a little more color. I used some trim on the two longer sides, and I added some Recollections roses, bling, and beads as feet for the box and a pull for the drawer.

Inside the box, we were supposed to have 3 stickpins, 2 flowers, and 1 charm. For the stickpins I thought I would try to make a little matchbook to hold them. I used the same paper as I used on the box, just inked it differently. I ended up sending 6 flowers. Two I made using the same paper line and punches. I orginially was going to use these on the box but decided against it. Then I made two blue satin lollipop flowers. They were all kind of small, so that's why I decided to make two more. I made the brown one using kraft paper, vintage photo distress ink, and a scallop punch. I found a tutorial for a Paper rose on Youtube, and that's what I used to make the larger blue flower.

And lastly, the charm. I really like the way it turned out! I used a TH swivel clasp and TH tag on the bottom. The beads are from Hobby Lobby as well as the rose charms. The key charm was part of a set I recevied in a swap. Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment