Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Altered Wedding Canvas

A very good friend of mine got married this last weekend, and I wanted to make something handmade for her. I thought a canvas would be good. She likes to draw and paint, so I figured it would make a good gift. I started with a 11x14 canvas, so that an 8x10 picture would be able to fit on it easily. I tried to match the color of the bridesmaid dresses and some of the flowers used, so I ended up mixing two colors together a little bit to get the sangria/wine color. Her dress was champagne colored, so I used those two colors for most of the project. I started by painting the canvas a creme color. The paint was actually called Country Twill. I then mixed the two wine colors together. One was too dark and the other was too light/reddish. I sponge painted this color on so that a little bit of the creme color would still show. Once that was dry, I painted  some silver glitter paint all over to make it sparkle. I then added some ribbon from Hobby Lobby on both the top and bottom. I believe I used Fabritac to adhere it down. I made a photo mat that measured 8 1/2 x 10 1/2, and wanted to create a pocket for it. I couldn't find any acetate, so I just used a page protector that I cut down. I fabritacked the edges of the page protector and kept the top unattached to make a pocket. I then used some TH ornate plates and some of his word tickets (thats likely not the proper name but thats what I call them) and used Fabritac to adhere them. I added some recollections roses all around the canvas to frame it out. I had a lot of fun making this, and I hope that they will enjoy it. Thanks so much for looking!


1 comment: