Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall wall hanging

Here is another craft I made for a swap. It started out as a plain wooden hanging plaque that I got at the Dollar Tree a long time ago. I painted it orange, cut out some DCWV fall paper, and mod podged it on the plaque. I cut the word Autumn from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I used a paper punch for all the leaves around the outside. I punched out leaves from different scraps I had left over from the Autumn Gathering stack from DCWV. I painted stickles on all of the leaves and the word Autumn. I found that this ended up making the leaves a little more durable once the stickles dried, since they were just paper, plus made them sparkle, which is always nice! I used mod podge to stick everything on and then sprinkled some gold glitter over the whole thing while it was still damp. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment